10.2.10

Interaction

So, my first official blog update of 2010. I guess the whole "Happy New Year" thing is way over due. Oh well.

I actually make this blog today because recently (thanks to one of the people I follow on Twitter), I've come across a website that not only adds on to the collection of the vast pile of 25:17 internet accounts, but this could quite possibly (besides Twitter) be the most interactive tool I could get myself into. It's a website called UStream.com. In a way, it's almost kind of like youtube, except for the fact that this website is for live, real time streaming video. So like most sites I join, I went on a little adventure around it to see what it was like, and sure enough I saw the top three things that didn't surprise me. One, underground/local hip hop artists trying to cut a demo. Two, People eating food and looking at the net, explaining what they're eating and looking at. And three, people playing video games.

Yes, I know, it sounds utterly pointless, but I thought about it and how something like this could actually be used to quite an advantage. I thought of a few examples of why this would be a good move on my half as a musician. A) I could do live streams of work on new music I'm doing at the time, just as sort of a teaser. B) (When my fan base is big enough), have a live stream chat doing some Q, C, and A with people who want to tune in. And C) All I have to do is hook a video camera up to the lap top, and when ever I am finally able to do live shows, I stream them live onto the site. As I have already said, I think this could be one of the most interactive things I could do to reach out to a fan base, and/or actually gain many more fans. Obviously everyone will be notified of when I plan to do a live stream, so you would know when you could watch it live. Can't watch live? It's okay, the videos are immediately uploaded to youtube after streaming.

So if you wanted to check out the account, it's at http://www.ustream.tv/channel/25-17 (or where ever hyperlinks are accepted, click here). Now at the time of posting this blog (which is February 10th, 2010 at 6:20pm, there are no videos to see currently, and I have no scheduled streams yet, but sure enough, they will start coming. Also, I forgot to mention one thing I truly like about it is that not only is there a chat window next to the video screen, there is also a social media link, so you can also chat via Twitter, as long as you use the hash tags provided on the video screen. Wow, technology is awesome.

Anyways, that's all I got for now. New material is still being worked on, I'm just getting picky with how it sounds, so it's taking a little longer, which sucks, I kind of wanted to have something out in time for the one year anniversary of Reborn. Oh well. So follow me on Ustream, and on twitter (@twenty57teen), and keep caught up with me.

No comments: